Welcome to Oakwood Free Will Baptist Church’s website. When you think of an oak tree, you think of its diversity, strength, beauty and ability to attract and sustain life. It provides safety and shade to all that seek refuge under its mighty boughs. Like its namesake, Oakwood Church strives to be a place that embodies these enduring qualities. Its purpose is to branch out and to connect people with Jesus Christ, the only true God, who offers salvation to all who will trust in Him.
Psalm 1:3 compares the righteous man to “a tree planted by the rivers of water, that bringeth forth his fruit in his season; his leaf also shall not wither; and whatsoever he doeth shall prosper.” God promises to bless those who delight in His Word and who live righteously with fruit, growth and success. In John 15:5, Christ says, “I am the vine, ye are the branches: he that abideth in Me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing.” God designed and desires for each believer to be a fruitful branch on a mighty tree.
If you are looking for a place to connect with God and His people, we would love for you to come
worship with us. If you want to be in an environment where you can learn about loving God supremely, loving each other, and reaching out to those who need to know Christ then Oakwood Church is the place for you.
Sunday School 9:30AM (All Ages)
Sunday Worship 10:30 AM & 6:00 PM (Nursery Available in AM)
Children’s Worship Hour (Downstairs following Pastors Pals)
6:00 PM Kids Club (Downstairs) Youth B.L.A.S.T. (Activity Building)
Choir Practice 5:00 PM Sunday Evenings
Wednesday Night Bible Study 6:30 PM
Mission statement for Oakwood Free Will Baptist Church
To connect with people in the Woodlawn community and seek to assist them in becoming a fully developed follower of Christ.
Core values for Oakwood church
1. Preaching: we commit ourselves to the preaching of the Word that can transform lives.
2 timothy 4:2 “preach the Word; be instant in season, out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort with all long-suffering and doctrine.”
2. Bible: we commit ourselves to uphold and obey the inspired, inerrant, infallible word of God, the absolute authority and truth for life and practice. 2 timothy 3:16-17 “all scripture is given by the inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: that the man of God may be perfect, thoroughly furnished unto all good works.”
3. Family: we commit ourselves to building and supporting the family, the first institution ordained by God and the foundational unit of society. We agree that family begins with marriage between one man and one woman who each have biblical roles to fulfill and that can be blessed with children, who are then to be trained by their parents in the “nurture and admonition of the Lord” to love God and obey Him.
“Hear, O Israel: the Lord our God is one Lord: and thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart and with all thy soul, and with all thy might. And these words, which i command thee this day, shall be in thine heart: and thou shalt teach them diligently unto thy children, and thou shalt talk of them when thou sittest in thine house, and when thou walkest by the way, and when thou liest down, and when thou risest up. And thou shalt bind them for a sign upon thine hand, and they shall be as front-lets between thine eyes. And thou shalt write them upon the posts of thy house, and on thy gates.”
4. Fellowship: we commit ourselves to fellowship in love and unity with other believers in God’s house and from house to house. Whether it is our fellowship chorus during Sunday morning worship or our fellowship meals on special Sundays, we love to spend time with each other. Hebrews 10:25 “forsaking not the assembling of ourselves together as the manner of some is; but exhorting one another: and so much the more, as ye see the day approaching.”
1 john 1:6-7
“If we say we have fellowship with Him, and walk in darkness, we lie, and do not the truth: but if we walk in the light, as He is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ His Son cleanseth us from all sin.”
5. Worship: we commit ourselves to worship our great and mighty God in “spirit and truth” (john 4:24) “God is a spirit: and they that worship Him must worship Him in spirit and in truth.” each believer must prepare his heart, mind, and spirit to worship God; and must worship God in truth in the way God has commanded- decently, reverently, and in order (1 Corinthians 14:40). Worship takes place corporately on Sunday and Wednesday, and in our homes every day.
6. Prayer: we commit ourselves to be always in the spirit of prayer, taking full advantage of the command to “come boldly to the throne of grace” (Hebrews 4:16) and enjoy a direct line of communication with God.
Philippians 4:6-7 ” be careful for nothing; but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God. And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.”
We are conveniently located just minutes from Ft. Campbell, Dover, Clarksville and Woodlawn in our little community of Oakwood.
Our Address is
2551 Church Lane
Woodlawn, TN 37191
Contact Number for Pastor : ( 931) 449-9227
Our Email Address: email@example.com